3D MODELLING - BIM
Drawings are a vital part of the construction/build process and BIM is the next natural step in the evolution of the construction drawing. The ability to show detailed information from floor plans, elevations, sections and 3D renders in a collaborative form is the future for the building industry.
The UK government is committed to having collaborative 3D BIM on its public sector projects and this is also cascading through projects across a wide range of industry sectors.
Within the architectural industry, Revit is becoming the most widely used standard BIM software. Architects use Revit 3D CAD Models of buildings from concept, through planning/design to construction drawings. The architectural BIM model is used by all disciplines involved including structural engineers and building services.
3D Modelling by CDM Surveys
The team at CDM Surveys already have a well-documented wealth of knowledge and experience gathering site data efficiently, using state-of-the-art laser total stations, GPS instrumentation and 3D laser scanner equipment, to provide accurate land and building surveys which are then complemented by our CAD specialists and BIM modellers, producing 3D Revit as-built models to Client-specified Levels of Detail (LOD).
Knowing that CDM Surveys can be relied on to carry out as much of the Survey to BIM process as required, from site survey, through to producing BIM ready 3D Revit models, with quality assurance throughout, means designers/architects are able to focus on their own jobs, with the time and cost benefits this brings.
Additional Modelling Visualisations & Enhancements
To compliment the production of 3D models, we also offer a range of further services to assist and enhance your project.
- Eye-catching renderings or animations for marketing presentations or visual aids for use in sale proposals or training exercises
- Fly-by videos and photo-realistic renders
- Conversion of paper drawings or redundant CAD drawings into modern electronic 2D drawings and 3D BIM models
- Improvement of your CAD library or production of Revit families and templates
- Assistance with surveying & BIM documentation.
- Customised point cloud & modelling
- Creation of 3D topography models
- Provision of Navisworks files along with clash detection
- Assistance in rights of light and daylight/sunlight surveys
- Scan to BIM process
- Production of building models for virtual reality
- MEP modelling and MEP Scan to BIM
- Modelling of steelwork and plant designs
- Creation of architectural visualisations
- Tracing and modelling of pipe routes